Best Sabi Sands Lodges, The Ideal Safari Experience
Looking for the best Sabi Sands Lodges on the Game Reserve which is surrounded by Kruger National Park, bordering it on three sides and its own private reserve. This gives a unique opportunity to see some of Africa’s most famous predators close up as they roam free in their natural habitat!
Sabi Sand is your ideal photo safari destination. Offering an unforgettable African experience that offers something for everyone from thrilling game drives through the bush with leopards and lions, safari boat cruises, game walks and more!
Table of Contents
What is the Sabi Sands Game Reserve?
The Sabi Sands Game Reserve is a private game reserve in South Africa that covers over 13,000 hectares of land. It is next to the Kruger National Park and is home to a variety of wildlife, including Africans Big Five: lions, leopards, elephants, rhinos, and buffalo.
What are the benefits of staying at the Sabi Sand Game Reserve?
The Sabi Sand Game Reserve is a world-renowned wildlife destination in South Africa. The reserve is home to a variety of wildlife, (lions, leopards, elephants, and buffalo). Guests of the reserve can enjoy game drives, walking safaris, and bush meals. The reserve also offers a variety of accommodation options, including luxury lodges and tented camps.
- Part of Greater Kruger Park and a private reserve
- A wide range of luxurious safari lodges
- Africa’s Big 5 game viewing
- world’s top locations for spotting wild leopards
- Night drives and off-road game drives are both options.
- Simple to reach by air or road
Best times of year to visit the Sabi Sand Game Reserve?
The best times to visit the Sabi Sand Game Reserve are from April to September. The temperatures are more comfortable and there is less chance of rain. Wildlife is more active during this season, as they are searching for food and water.
May to Sept.
- Wildlife congregate around water sources, easy to photograph.
- It’s off-season.
- Almost no rain and plenty of sunshine
- Low humidity and mild midday temperatures
- Malaria risk is very low
- Dry and dusty air is present.
- For morning and evening game drives, warm gear is required.
Oct – April
- The surroundings are lush and lovely.
- There are several young animals around.
- There are migrating birds here, birding is superb.
- The greatest time to see animals is during the dry season.
- Given that it is peak season, it can be packed.
- Days are warm and muggy.
Best Sabi Sands Lodges What are the accommodations like?
The Sabi Sand Game Reserve is home to some of the most luxurious accommodations in Africa. From award-winning service and restaurant-quality food and wine, to lush spas and some of the best-trained guides in Africa, you are sure to have an unforgettable safari experience.
Notten’s Bush Camp
The accommodation at Notten’s Bush Camp is luxurious and intimate, with only eight suites. Each suite has a private plunge pool, and the camp has a swimming pool, library, and bar.
Accommodations at Notten’s Bush Camp include:
- luxury tents
- a swimming pool
- a bar
- a restaurant
Its luxury tents are spacious and comfortable, each tent comes with a private deck. The swimming pool at Notten’s Bush Camp is the perfect place to cool-off at the end of a long day on safari. Their bar and restaurant are the perfect places to relax and enjoy a meal. The cuisine is exquisite, and the staff is welcoming.
Notten’s Bush Camp is renowned for its exceptional game viewing.
Ulusaba Rock Lodge
Popular lodging options may be found in the Game Reserve at Ulusaba Rock Lodge. The lodge is built on the edge of a cliff, offering stunning views of the reserve below. The Ulusaba Rock has a swimming pool, bar, and a restaurant. Guests can also enjoy game drives and bush walks.
Ulusaba Rock Lodge is in the heart of the Sabi Sand Game Reserve and is renowned for its luxury accommodations. The lodge offers guests a variety of room types to choose from, all of which are decorated in a modern African style and offer stunning views. All rooms are equipped with amenities you would expect from a luxury lodge, including a private plunge pool, air conditioning, and a minibar.
Chitwa Chitwa Lodge
Accommodations at Chitwa Chitwa Lodge are truly top-notch. The lodge has 12 thatched luxury suites, each with its own private plunge pool, deck, and outdoor shower. The suites are incredibly spacious, and the lodge itself is in the heart of the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, so you’ll have plenty of opportunities to see wildlife up close.
Chitwa Chitwa is an award-winning, family-owned lodge. The lodge itself has a swimming pool, library, wine cellar, and two restaurants.
Elephant Plains Lodge
Looking for luxurious, yet affordable, try the Elephant Plains Lodge in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve. Accommodations are superb, with each room featuring a private deck, en-suite bathroom, and spectacular views of the reserve. You’ll also have access to a swimming pool, bar, and restaurant on site.
Speaking of game drives, you’ll be able to see The Big Five of Africa (lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo, and rhino) on your safari here, as well as plenty of other wildlife.
Arathusa Safari Lodge
Arathusa Safari Lodge is known for its big five game viewing and wildlife. The lodge has nine luxury suites, each with its own private plunge pool, and two family suites. Guests can expect to find everything they need to be comfortable during their stay. The lodge offers a variety of room types to choose from, all of which are spacious and well-appointed. Guests can also enjoy several on-site amenities, such as a swimming pool, a restaurant, and a bar. The main lodge also has a swimming pool, spa, and gym.
Tengile River Lodge
Tengile River Lodge is a five-star lodge in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve. The lodge offers luxurious accommodations, world-class cuisine, and unparalleled game viewing experiences.
The lodge is on the banks of the Tengile River, offering guests stunning views of the river and the surrounding bushveld. The lodge blends with its natural surroundings, and the thatched roofs and stone walls help to keep the lodge cool in the heat of the day.
The accommodations at Tengile River Lodge are luxurious and comfortable, with each of the 12 suites featuring a private balcony or patio, a king-size bed, an en-suite bathroom with a bath and shower, and a lounge area. The suites are air-conditioned and have ceiling fans to keep guests cool, and there is also a swimming pool at the main lodge for guests to enjoy.
Lion Sands Game Reserve
The Sabi Sand Game Reserve is home to a variety of wildlife, including lions, elephants, and leopards. The accommodations are comfortable and include a variety of amenities,
- swimming pool
- business center
The rooms are spacious and have a balcony that overlooks the game reserve.
If you’re looking for an authentic African photo safari experience, Lion Sands Game Reserve is the perfect place for you. The reserve is in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, which is home to a variety of wildlife, including lions, leopards, elephants, and rhinos. The accommodations at Lion Sands are luxurious, with everything you need to make your stay enjoyable.
What wildlife can you expect to see at the Sabi Sands Game Reserve?
Well! you will defiantly see the big five of Africa: lions, leopards, elephants, rhinos, and buffalo. Visitors to the reserve can also expect to see a variety of birds, including vultures, eagles, and storks. Let us not forget the Cheetahs, giraffes, etc…
What activities are available at the Sabi Sands Game Reserve?
The Sabi Sand Game Reserve offers a variety of activities for guests to enjoy, including:
Each activity is designed to give guests a unique and memorable experience of the African bush.
- Game drives
- Bush walks
- River cruises
- Bird watching
- Night drives
- Bush dinners
What are the safari guides like at the Sabi Sands Game Reserve?
The Sabi Sand Game Reserve is home to some of the best safari guides in Africa. These guides have a deep knowledge of the reserve and its wildlife, and are passionate about giving guests the best possible experience.
Guides are highly knowledgeable about the animals and plants in the reserve. They are skilled in tracking and spotting wildlife. In addition, the guides are friendly and accommodating, making sure guests have an enjoyable stay.
Tips for enjoying the Sabi Sands Game Reserve?
Here are a few tips to help you make the most of your stay at the Sabi Sand Game Reserve:
- Get up early to see the animals!
- Bring binoculars so you can get a closer look at the animals.
- Dress in layers so you can be comfortable in the changing temperatures.
- Be sure to wear sunscreen and insect repellent to protect yourself from the sun and bugs.
- Book a room at one of the luxury lodges in the reserve for the ultimate safari experience
- Go on morning and evening game drive to see the Big Five and other wildlife in the reserve
- Take a bush walk with a ranger to learn about the flora and fauna of the reserve
- Relax at the lodge after a day of exploring and enjoy the views of the reserve
What are some things to keep in mind when visiting the Sabi Sands Game Reserve?
When planning a trip to the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- The best time to visit is between May and September, when the weather is dry and temperatures are milder.
- The reserve is home to a variety of wildlife, including lions, leopards, elephants, and rhinos. Visitors should be prepared to see some of these animals up close.
- There are a number of lodges and camps located within the reserve, so visitors should research their options and make reservations in advance.
- The reserve is located in a remote area, so visitors should be prepared for a long journey to get there.
- With a little planning, a trip to the Sabi Sand Game Reserve can be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- When planning a trip to the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- The best time to visit is during the dry season (May-September), when animals are easier to spot
- The reserve is located in a malaria-risk area, so be sure to take precautions against mosquito bites
- There are no fences between the reserve and the Kruger National Park, so wildlife roams freely between the two areas
- There are a variety of accommodation options available, from luxury lodges to more affordable options
Whether you’re an experienced safari-goer or a first-timer, the Sabi Sand Game Reserve is sure to provide an unforgettable experience.
The Sabi Sands is a private game reserve that shares an unfenced border with Kruger National Park. This means that the wildlife roams freely between the two. The reserve is also home to a wider variety of animals than Kruger.
Unlike Kruger, which is a national park that is open to the public, Sabi Sands is only accessible to guests of the reserve. This provides a more intimate and exclusive safari experience.
Owners are now third- and fourth-generation landowners.
Sabi Sands game reserve covers an area of 65,000 hectares. It share a 50- kilometer unfence border with Kruger National Park. The Sabi and Sand Rivers flow through the reserve, which gives the region’s biodiversity an extra dimension.
The Sabi Sand Game Reserve is unique for a variety of reasons. Foremost, the area is incredibly rich in terms of animal life. The land has never been used for farming, so it remains pristine and unspoiled – a rarity in this day and age. Additionally, the reserve is part of a much larger conservation system that links up with the Kruger National Park, giving visitors access to an even greater diversity of wildlife.
People come from around the world to visit this place because it offers something for everyone.